This course will teach you unerringly what the name says, We’re confident it’ll add more value to your career. KMP II® OR Kanban Management Professional is a highly interactive two-day course accredited by the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) and The KMP II®: Kanban Management Professional® (KMP®) class focuses on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma. Participants will build upon and consolidate what they have learned in Certified Lean Kanban Foundation – KMP I® and learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences, the details of the recommended Kanban meetings, handling metrics, and setting policy.
Today, Agile Project Management is a professional discipline, with a specific set of skills and competencies. Leading organizations and governments around the world invest in professional credentialing for project/program/portfolio management. For individuals, the certification is an important step in career development and recognizes qualified and competent individuals.
We request you to use this opportunity to up skill and move forward to your next career ladder or stand out unique in Project/Program/Portfolio/Release Management at your organization/career. This certification is specifically for professionals who are involved in any product development/support/development projects that are dealing with complexities and uncertainties.
If you really enjoy the prestige that comes from being the best in your field, then you’ll appreciate the professional rewards derived from attaining the KMP-II® OR KMP®, the profession’s most globally recognized and respected credential.
“Stand out from the throng and exhibit your Agile (Lean/Kanban) project management skills with a globally recognized credential.”
What is this course?
Certified Kanban Management Professional (KMP®) – KMP II® is a highly interactive two day course accredited by the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) and provides in-depth training in Kanban practices and the principles that underpin the Kanban method. The KMP II®: Kanban Management Professional class focuses on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma. Participants will build upon and consolidate what they have learned in Certified Lean Kanban Foundation – KMP I® and learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences, the details of the recommended Kanban meetings, handling metrics, and setting policy.
- Lead or guide a team in their adoption of Kanban – from initial visualization and the design of Kanban systems through to evolutionary change
- Answer questions and support the team in the day-to-day operation
- Help teams to identify and resolve hindrances to flow
- Take measurements and create meaningful metrics that help the team
- Evolve process and practice according to team needs, in a meaningful way
- Connect with the Kanban community for the sharing of practical experiences and the development of new ideas and techniques
What will you learn?
Based on the trainer’s practical experience, participants will learn how to:
- Deal with resistance to WIP limits
- Explain and use asymmetrical commitment
- Implement the rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Develop a service orientated approach
- Manage evolutionary change
What will you receive?
Two days of high-quality instruction from Dileep Appupillai who has over 18 years of experience in Project Management/Program Management/Release Management/Product development, support, enhancement/Training/Consulting & e-Governance for many Fortune500 Companies & Govt. Departments in India as well as Abroad. For courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
- Course materials
- Membership of the Lean-Kanban University (LKU)
- Lean-Kanban University (LKU) certificate of course completion
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson or Kanban From The Inside by Mike Burrows
- KMP status recognition, upon completion of all qualifying classes – See Are there any prerequisites for this course
What topics are covered?
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
1.Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Feedback loops to improve service delivery
- Commitment and Replenishment
- Kanban Meeting
- Delivery Planning
- Service Delivery Review
- Operations Review
- Risk Review
2. Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
3. Motivation for Kanban
i. System 1 Brain
ii. System 2 Brain
4. Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Understanding Kanban Systems
5. Rollout phases for a Kanban initiative
- Proto Kanban
- Discovery Kanban
- Kanban Roles
- Scaling out across an organisation
6. Developing a service orientation
- Seeing services
7. Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing Kanban
- Definition of the Kanban Method
- Kanban Values
8. Scrumban case study
- Posit Science
- Evolutionary change Vs. planned change
- Fitness criteria
10. Models to Identify Improvement Opportunities
- Managing Bottlenecks
- Understanding Variability
- Removing Delays
- Understand Lead Time
- Managing Economic Costs
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is useful for anyone who wants to be successful using Kanban within their organization, or anyone who works with teams utilizing Kanban. As such, it will benefit anyone who is involved in using Kanban or considering using Kanban. It will be helpful both to those new to Kanban and those who have explored Kanban but now want to consolidate their knowledge in a practical setting. In terms of roles, the course is suitable for Product, Project and Programme Managers, Development Team Members (including but not limited to Architects, Designers, Developers, Testers), Business Analysts and Scrum Product Owners and Scrum Masters who want to enhance their Lean / Agile skillset. Attending the course as a full team offers a real opportunity for the entire team to experience and learn Kanban together and creates an excellent foundation for them to move forward.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Attendees must have completed the Certified Lean Kanban Foundation Training – KMP I class
How should you prepare for?
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
What about exams & certifications?
This course has been accredited by David J Anderson (creator of the Kanban method) and Lean-Kanban University (LKU). This course, following completion of the Lean Kanban Foundation – KMP I: Kanban System Design class, satisfies the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation requirement. Attendees will receive the following recognition:
1. Digital KMP status certificate attached to Lean Kanban University website profile
2. KMP badge on the LKU website
3. KMP badge file for use in professional websites, business cards and other locations
4. Eligibility for special invitations, discounts, and content only available to LKU members
Who is the main target audience?
Team Members, Teams Leads, Project Leads, Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Technical Leads, Test Leads, HR Managers, Operations Managers, Senior Managers, QA Managers, QA Leads, Agile Coaches, Development Managers, Release Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Process Consultants / Associates, Anyone interested in Project/Program Management, Anyone who wanted to increase their competency in Project/Program Management
For further enquiries, contact: